Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrickjue
Level 7

Pairing Roku remote RC-ALIR

Jump to solution

Can you pair the Roku remote RC-ALIR to the Roku 3500X?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Pairing Roku remote RC-ALIR

Jump to solution

@patrickjue 

Thanks for the post.

As mentioned by the other users in this thread, we no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

No, the RC-ALIR is a IR only remote. The 3500 uses very unique wifi remote that is no longer available. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
patrickjue
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you.  My friend gave me his old 3500 (fully reset) for my man cave but no remote.   I downloaded the Roku app to use as a remote but it doesn’t work because the Roku is not on a WiFi network.  How do I complete the set up process without a physical remote?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Can't be done.  Unless your friend can find the remote the 3500 is absolutely useless.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

I don't think 3500 worth it, but you try finding used remote on ebay, I know for sure rc41 remote works with 3500, others have used rc51 remote but I think its UK model. There's a long 3500 thread in the remote forum if the 3500 owners would have posted the remote model number we would have other numbers to suggest. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@patrickjue 

Thanks for the post.

As mentioned by the other users in this thread, we no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos