Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Victoriaec
Level 7

Pairing Purple stick and new enhanced remote

I had to buy a new remote. I purchased the only one avaibke which is the enhanced remote. I have the purple stick. 
I have tried so many tricks to reset everything 

the tv just keeps saying to pair and push button for 3 seconds

well it won’t pair

the light on the remote flashes green but it’s not pairing 

please help as roku says they can’t give me support for this.... 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Pairing Purple stick and new enhanced remote

The purple Stick is the model 3500. The new remotes will not work on it. Roku no longer offers a compatible remote for the 3500. Since no Stick supports IR, you only have two options: find a used remote on eBay, and hopefully the seller is honest about it being a 3500 remote, or buy a new streaming player. Considering the prices I've seen for used remotes, I think you're far better off with a new player. If you get a new Roku, either the Premiere or Streaming Stick+ are good choices. If you don't mind the Amazon-centric user interface, the Fire TV is another choice in the same price range. 

And yes, the 3500 is no longer supported. It's not powerful enough to run many of the latest channels, such as Disney+.

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Pairing Purple stick and new enhanced remote

@Victoriaec 

Thanks for the post.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos