Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben-F
Level 7

Pairing Key Popup

Jump to solution

New Roku Ultra - I've successfully paired the remote to control my TV power. I have an A/V receiver so volume control is done with the A/V remote. The Ultra started to display a popup box in lower right corner that shows my LG TV model number, Pairing Code, and a box with 5 dots  The box seems to be highlighted but pressing OK does nothing and I can't get rid of the popup box with back arrow, etc. It eventually goes away if I back out of the channel but comes back a few minutes later. Any help appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Pairing Key Popup

Jump to solution

@Ben-F 

Thanks for the post.

This would appear to be an issue with your TV, rather than your Roku device. Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Ben-F 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ben-F
Level 7

Jump to solution

Here is a screen shot, as requested. The 55LW5600 is the model number of my LG TV - about 8 years old. It connects to the output HDMI of a Yamaha YHT-S400 A/V receiver - also 8 years old. The Roku Ultra is one of the 3 HDMI inputs to the S400. The popup appears at random intervals - sometimes it disappears when I hit back or left arrow keys. Other times it stays on for up to 1 or 2 minutes. It does not seem to appear when I am watching the YouTube TV channel but that may not be conclusive. Possible related observation - the Roku remote power key must be pressed twice to cycle the TV power. Thanks for any insights.

RokuUltraPopup.jpg

0 Kudos
Ben-F
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don't know why the photo got inverted when I posted the reply.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Ben-F 

Thanks for the post.

This would appear to be an issue with your TV, rather than your Roku device. Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos