Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Paired remote loses signal for waking up TV

Hey. I have anew RCA Roku TV rtr3261-c-ca. I have a cable box with a Motorola remote. I can pair the remote using the auto pairing feature and everything works fine.  Once the TV and cable box have been turned off for a period of time, the Motorola remote won't interact with the TV at all. If I turn on the TV initially with the RCA remote, then the Motorola remote works fine again. Suggestions?  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Paired remote loses signal for waking up TV

Is there anything in front of the tv like sound bar covering IR pick up window? A paired wifi remote can control it from another room, so if something were in the way the wifi remote won't have any trouble with it like IR Motorola remote.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No, I checked the basic stuff. It works fine with the Roku remote, and i can control it with my cell phone. Even the Motorola remote works fine except once the TV goes into power saving mode it won't wake the TV up. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

The roku remote and cell phone communicate via the wifi, where the Motorola uses IR, completely different signals, because one type of signal works does not mean the other most certainly has to work too.

Edmund
0 Kudos