Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben0mega
Reel Rookie

Pair Remote with Vankyo Brand Projector

Hi, I just bought a Roku Streaming Stick+ for use with my Vankyo V600 projector.  I see that Roku doesn't have an independent volume like the new Google Chromecast does, so I need to configure the remote to control the projector.

I also see that Vankyo isn't listed as a tv brand - its a newer, smaller, cheaper brand, so that's not entirely unsurprising.  I am a technical person - I have what I believe to be the NEC codes ( https://www.facebook.com/VankyoOfficial/photos/p.1240285719650962/1240285719650962/?type=3 ) for the remote - I have at least verified the power button code is correct.  I also have an ir receiver hooked up to RPi and I can measure what I have from the remote if necessary.  And I can also verify that the codes work with an ir blaster hooked up to the same RPi.  What I would like to do is use the IR codes that I have and put them on the roku remote.

Is there some way for me to add the TV brand and IR codes?  If there is not, is there some way for me to find a TV brand with similar codes?  Is there a process to submit the codes (if so, how would you want them - I have them in the default `ir-ctl -r` format, but I could convert)?

It would really make a big difference in my enjoyment of the product if I could get this working.

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Breyerj

Re: Pair Remote with Vankyo Brand Projector

Did you ever figure this out, I have the same problem.

weakglutes

Has anyone else figured this out?

I don't even see Vivitek (a very common brand) as an option here. Maybe someone can cross reference the IR codes to another TV?

0 Kudos
Ben0mega
Reel Rookie

I have gotten no traction from Roku support, so I think the issue is still there.

I did build a workaround - I made an IR signal "translator".  It's a little RPi device that listens for the standard TCL button presses and sends out the corresponding IR signals for my projector (e.g. listen for a TCL volume up button IR signal, and when seeing it, send out a Vankyo volume up button IR signal).  It works pretty well for my purpose.

0 Kudos
ayh
Reel Rookie

Hi @Ben0mega I'm looking to build a similar IR translator with RPi. I'm new to RPi so If you can share any instructions on your implementation I'd appreciate it 🙂

0 Kudos
Cruzfa

I don't have a vankyo projector but cibest uses basically the same remote. I randomly tried the ONN tv code and it worked for me. Maybe since the brands use the same remote it could work. Power and volume both work.

Tags (1)
Julianac
Reel Rookie

I just connected it to roku tv and everything seems to work just fine. Wasn’t going to stress how to pair it to vankyo 

0 Kudos

God I hope you are still active

by chance do you have the ir profile number, I searched for ONN’s but there is so many 

0 Kudos
4gbd

Just got my roku stick's remote to control the vankyo leisure 3 projector by going into the remote settings > setup IR control > change brand > type "Onn" brand. the first option worked for me.