Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Overheating Remote (Roku express plus)

Hello, need assistance with resolving a high risk burning / fire hazard Our Roku express plus remote just stopped working after resolving batteries for the 3rd time in three weeks. When I opened it up the batteries were extremely hot as well as the plastic. It had an electrical burning smell.

We need an immediate replacement. Please provide me a link to a site to provide my address. 
also, how do we watch live shows without a remote??

thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Overheating Remote (Roku express plus)

@Sassafras_68 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@RokuDanny-R  My daughter came downstairs crying her remote got really hot and wanted me to see if she was burned. After some research, apparently y'all have some issues with your remotes shorting and hurting people. Thats another matter. How can I get a replacement? 

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@BigPoppaChunk83 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos