Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Options key behavior changes in video player

When options key is pressed in the video player, options overlay is displayed.

But when pin-pad dialog is displayed and get back to the video player, the options key is not working and no overlay is displayed. This happens whenever the pin-pad dialog is clicked. Until the pin-pad is clicked, overlay will be displayed in the video player when option key is pressed.

Can anyone help me out? Do i need to change anything when pin-pad dialog is displayed?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Options key behavior changes in video player

By Options key, are you referring to the * button? That button has different functions depending on the channel in use. And I don't know what you mean by pin pad. Is that when you require a PIN entered to make a purchase? If the * button works prior to entering a PIN, then it doesn't after, then there's likely a coding issue that Roku needs to address. But it's possible you are in a channel that uses the * button differently, so it's expected behavior. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

yes options key refers to the * button.

While content playing when * button is pressed options overlay is displayed(default behavior of Roku). But when the rated content is played parental pin dialog will be shown before the playback starts. After entering the correct pin and video starts playing. When * key is pressed nothing happens, expected is options overlay should be displayed.

We are confused why the overlay is not displayed and it is not displayed until app is relaunched.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Thanks for the explanation. I've never used the PIN function, so wasn't aware exactly how it works. @RokuChris is now responsible for RMP, so hopefully he can offer some assistance. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@Dhir_Pratap 

As a side note, if your question is reference to the development of a channel for the Roku platform, you'll want to visit the Roku Developers section of the Community for any questions or further assistance.  

Keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos