Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melson
Level 7

Optional remote for Roku Express HD

I am now using my 5th Roku box - we have 2 Ultra 4K, and Express+, now the 2nd Roku Express HD - I would like to have a remote for the Express HD that controls TV Volume & Power as the roku will be the only input on the TV - so I'd like the ability to use only 1 remote to control the system

I checked the Enhanced Remote and the Roku Express isn't listed - am I missing something???

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Optional remote for Roku Express HD

THe express 3700 will not work with wifi remote which is the only one with tv controls. Later express models like 3900 or 3930 can be paired to a $19.99 wifi voice remote and will have tv controls. Do not get the $29.99 Enhanced voice remote with headphone jack which will not work with any express model.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Melson
Level 7

How can I tell which model Express I have - I was just purchased in October. I'm assuming it's a newer model?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

If its that new then probably wouldn't be any problem. If you see remote & other device option in the settings underneath network then it can be paired with wifi remote. To find the model number go into settings> system> about> 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos