Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben47
Reel Rookie

Operating Roku Stick+ with Premiere remote

Jump to solution

The signals from the original remote that came with my Roku Stick+ keep interfering with my JVC projector.  I have a remote from a previous Premiere.  Will it work with a Roku Stick+? 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Operating Roku Stick+ with Premiere remote

Jump to solution

You could try disabling the remote's TV volume and power controls by setting it up to a different TV whose controls signals don't happen to coincided with your projector's.

Roku menu path:
"Settings -> Remotes & devices > Remotes"
At this point if your remote has already been setup for the TV but you need to reset it, arrow down to select your Remote (in use).
Now select "Set up remote for TV control" .. And follow the prompts

Now LIE about when the music stops so it sets you up for a different TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Ben47
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Capital idea!  Now why didn't I think of this before.  I was getting prepared to elephant glue up the offending buttons.

Problem solved.  Thanks, guys.  You're great!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes

Jump to solution

The Premiere (4620 and 3920) came with an IR remote, which will not work with a Streaming Stick+

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Ben47
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response, DBDukes. 

I tried transferring the controls to a Harmony remote, but was unable to to do so as the Harmony will not learn from the Stick+ remote.

Is there a Roku remote WITHOUT the power and volume buttons that will work with the Stick+?  The signals specifically from these buttons tend to activate various features on my JVC projector.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Not sold new, no. The stick+ plus only uses wifi remotes, and all current roku wifi remotes have tv controls. You can try ebay for used wifi 3600 stick remotes like the rc80, rc81. and such. They don't have any tv controls at all. 

Like this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154537436620?hash=item23fb2625cc:g:AmIAAOSwpAdg9kbk

You see the dot in the area under the buttons, its light and only wifi remotes of the time had it. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ben47
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ok. Thanks for the ebay link. Unfortunately this particular seller does not ship to Singapore.  I will try and see if there are other sellers.  Basically, I look for a remote that has a light at the bottom and no TV control buttons.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

You could try disabling the remote's TV volume and power controls by setting it up to a different TV whose controls signals don't happen to coincided with your projector's.

Roku menu path:
"Settings -> Remotes & devices > Remotes"
At this point if your remote has already been setup for the TV but you need to reset it, arrow down to select your Remote (in use).
Now select "Set up remote for TV control" .. And follow the prompts

Now LIE about when the music stops so it sets you up for a different TV.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Ben47
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Capital idea!  Now why didn't I think of this before.  I was getting prepared to elephant glue up the offending buttons.

Problem solved.  Thanks, guys.  You're great!

0 Kudos