Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Older Roku Streaming Stick Remote - Voice features on remote?

Jump to solution

I've had a 3600X Ver7.2 stick that I'd originally bought to use to get around the need for a second cable box on BHN/Spectrum. They'd originally said it would work, but it never did. I recently installed it on a PC monitor and it works fine. It is now running Ver9.2. I assume the original remote won't have the voice functionality available, correct? Can I use the Roku Android App to control the Ver 9.x Stick via voice?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Older Roku Streaming Stick Remote - Voice features on remote?

Jump to solution

@icanttellyouwhy Thanks for reaching out! Older remotes that do not offer the voice search button do not have voice search capabilities. You can use the Roku mobile app to perform voice searches from the 'Remote' tab of the mobile app, using the microphone icon button. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/115002681087-how-do-i-control-my-roku-streaming-device-using-the-ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@icanttellyouwhy Thanks for reaching out! Older remotes that do not offer the voice search button do not have voice search capabilities. You can use the Roku mobile app to perform voice searches from the 'Remote' tab of the mobile app, using the microphone icon button. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/115002681087-how-do-i-control-my-roku-streaming-device-using-the-ro...

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for the confirmation.

Tom

0 Kudos