Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ballard6
Binge Watcher

Re: Old remote broken. Can't activate new remote

Yes. I did verify that.

0 Kudos
Ballard6
Binge Watcher

Streaming stick model: 3810X Remote Model: RC-MC1

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Do you still have this!!!!

USB Power Cable with Long-range Wi-Fi® Receiver | Roku

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Ballard6
Binge Watcher

I have the streaming stick and the USB cord that came with it. I don't know anything about a long range wi-fi reciever.

0 Kudos
Ballard6
Binge Watcher

Yes. I still have the original USB cable with the bump in the middle.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

A regular usb cable will not do at all, you have to have the one I linked to, or you won't have remote or internet. It's a two-piece cable, the above long-range receiver, and usb extender. A regular usb will power the stick+, but not allow remote or internet.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ballard6
Binge Watcher

I have the original USB cable that came in the box. All of that is the same as It was when I bought it, except for the instructions that where lost in the move. Everything was fine until the remote stopped working a few days ago.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Ballard6  Your 3810 and the remote you just bought are compatible. But the cable that connects your Stick to the ac power out contains a WiFi booster. That booster is also for the remote. The cable might be bad. The cable is out of stock so your only choice is to purchase a new Stick 64A54CF1-ED6A-4FBB-83A9-1C8DB7DEA91B.jpeg

0 Kudos
Ballard6
Binge Watcher

Everything was working fine untill a few days ago when the remote stopped working. I reset the steaming stick thinking that would help but it locked me out instead. I really don't think anything is wrong with the streaming stick. It seems to me that Roku has set things up in a way that can potentially lead one into a kind of catch 22 situation. Unfortunately, I appear to have fallen down that particular rabbit hole. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need some top tier help here. I've spent a decent amount of money on Roku products so far. I will no doubt spend more in the future if they are willing to provide me the assistance I need with this.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Ballard6  Your Roku 3810 was released back in 2017. I own one and bought it for $40 back in 2018. A new Roku Streaming Stick is only $40. They aren’t expensive. @Tivoburkee  is the best with remotes. But it’s very well possible your Roku has an internal failure. You do have it plugged into AC power right? Not USB power?

Instead of spending hours and days trying to figure out what’s going on you could run to Walmart, Best Buy or Target tonight and be up and running. My Ultra costs $100 years ago when I bought it. Recently it no longer turned on. I threw it out and bought a Roku Stick on sale for $40

0 Kudos