Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bakarnoma

Old Roku wrong remote ROKU REMOTE.

Good day all,

I have an old Roku in the garage (3420x). I have lost the remote and it's not currently on my home network.

I also have a Roku remote from an old Roku 2 XD.

Can I get that remote paired to the Roku unit somehow??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Old Roku wrong remote ROKU REMOTE.

Sorry but no. First of all, the roku xd only uses IR and bluetooth. Second your Roku doesn't come with a remote at all, it uses the tv remote, yours is mhl roku stick, it never came with remote of its own, it gets its commands from the TV through the mhl input. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

In addition to @Tivoburkee's response dealing with your remote question. 

Aside from the remote issues:

The 3800 and 3820 3400 and 3420 were released in 2012 and are the only Roku models that connect to the TV via an MHL port, both for communication and to draw their power.  They have no other connections.  Unless you plan to use the 3820 3420 on a TV that actually has an MHL port, you have no way to power the Roku.

MHL (Mobile High-definition Link) was developed in the first part of the 2010s but never really caught on, and is rare or non-existent on current tv models.  Roku never used MHL connections on any other models.  All other Rokus are powered via separate USB cords plugged into suitable USB ports on the tv or by a supplied power adapter plugged into household current (preferred method because many tv USB ports don't supply enough power) .

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
renojim

@makaiguymeans 3400 and 3420.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Whoops!  Thanks for catching that so quickly, @renojim .  I went back up and patched it.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos