Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radar244
Level 7

OS9 and remote issue

As soon as i updated to OS9 my remote constantly stops communicating with my Roku.
If i pull a battery and put it back in it will usually start working for a few min. This never happened before the update.
I have a Roku ultra 2017.
Anyone else seeing this or have a fix.
Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: OS9 and remote issue

Please post the following information:

• Serial number/DeviceID

• Current firmware/build number

(The above can be found in Settings > System > About)

One thing to try is to unplug the Roku for 5+ minutes.  Plug it back in and try again.  If it still exhibits this behavior, let me know.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
radar244
Level 7

model= 4660x
serial= YJ0005340845
software version= 9.0.0
build = 4072-46

I have rebooted Roku as well as re pairing remote by removing batteries and booting Roku.
it helps for about 2 min. most of the time when i remove the battery cover the green pairing light is flashing. 
sometimes slowly sometimes fast
but again sometimes not flashing at all.
it's weird as every time i get the remote to work it seems to work as long as i  am using it.
if i leave it alone to watch something it will stop working...like its going into a sleep mode.
as an additional note my Roku app works fine and i can control my Roku with no problems.
thanks
0 Kudos
Dragline
Level 7

"radar244" wrote:
As soon as i updated to OS9 my remote constantly stops communicating with my Roku.
If i pull a battery and put it back in it will usually start working for a few min. This never happened before the update.
I have a Roku ultra 2017.
Anyone else seeing this or have a fix.
Thanks

This issue happens to me, as well.  It occurred prior to the 9.0 update, but it now occurs more frequently since the update.  The remote will occasionally stop working.  Removing one or both batteries and reinserting them solves the problem.  I have made sure that fresh, brand-name batteries are installed.  The Roku is also reporting battery life currently at 100%.

Specs below:

Model = 4660X - Roku Ultra
Serial = YJ00EV190111
Software Version = 9.0.0 4072-46
Remote Firmware = 2.01.19.100
Remote Model = RC135
0 Kudos
Dgrimm
Level 7

I have the same problem. Remote almost never connects. Have to turn Roku on 4 or 5 times before it does. Repairing does not work either. This happened immediately after the 9.0 update so please don't tell me to get a new remote. I have a Roku Streaming Stick 3800x. Software version is 9.0.0 build 4114-55. Serial number YF00EF125567

Please help. Product is almost unusable.
0 Kudos
garmotex
Level 7

Anyone with an update on this issue?

I contacted Roku Support, twice now. First time took them > 2 days to respond, and just asked if I was still having the issue. I replied yes, and it's now Day 3 without a response.

My Rokus updated to 9.0.0 on April. But only now am I having this issue.

Funny thing is, it seems to have exacerbated when I downgraded the devices to the 2Ghz band of my router from the advice of the cable guy. I put one back to 5Ghz tonight, and it's been working fine for about 10 minutes now. The only time it's been this consistent is when I use the Roku app on my phone as the remote.

Is anyone else experiencing this using 2Ghz, and has tried changing to 5Ghz?
0 Kudos