Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikky_1986
Level 7

None of the buttons on the Roku remote are working EXCEPT the power and volume buttons

I'm using a Roku streaming stick and everything was working properly till couple of days back and then suddenly none of the remote button are working except the power and volume buttons which is weird.

Tried factory reset, still no luck.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: None of the buttons on the Roku remote are working EXCEPT the power and volume buttons

If the remote wasn't unpaired before it certainly is now, after factory reset the first thing when comes to Roku that can only be controlled via wifi remote is has to be paired before you can go on setting up the roku from scratch. Unplug the power from the stick and then plug it back in, just after it stops bouncing press and hold the pairing button in the battery compartent for 3 seconds and release.

Edmund
0 Kudos
mikky_1986
Level 7

Re: None of the buttons on the Roku remote are working EXCEPT the power and volume buttons

Hi.. Thanks for the response.

I tried doing as you said and the flashing green light in the never stops and also still the buttons dont work.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@mikky_1986 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos