Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: No sound after unplugging headphones from remote

@stanMan87 

Thanks for the note. Could you describe a bit more about the issue you are running into? Which specific model of Roku Premiere+ device are you using from Settings>System>About? What is the exact behavior you experience? Does the same issue occur if you try using private listening through the free Roku mobile app on your phone? 

Please take a look through these resources to see if there are any helpful details: 

Remote Private Listening: 
https://support.roku.com/article/217478308-how-do-i-use-headphones-on-my-mobile-device-for-private-l...

Solving problems with Private Listening: 
https://support.roku.com/article/217479488-how-do-i-solve-problems-with-private-listening-

Please keep me posted with more info once you have a chance to test and we'll continue looking into further options from there. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
alian2000
Level 7

Hi everyone, I had the same issue was able to solve the problem by simply going into settings-audio-S/PDIF and ARC-change it to pcm- stereo.
Unplug the unit from power supply wait for few seconds and plug it back in.
The issue will be resolved.
Its a bug in tlc software when on auto mode with head phone plugged in, it doesn't automatically goes back to TV speakers unless adjusted manually.
I hope tlc fix this with future updates.
Thanks and I hope this helps someone.
0 Kudos
Workingonit
Level 7

Same problem. I thought the tv audio or sound bar was broken, then realized it was only that the roku ultra could not unmute itself after headphones were unplugged. Still haven't found a fix for this but will keep looking.

0 Kudos
GreenT
Level 7

Download the Roku app. Select control -> Select the headphones. Then de-select the headphones. 

0 Kudos
Morningbird1957
Level 7

This worked for me. 

0 Kudos
bettys58
Level 7

Unmute from your TV remote!!

0 Kudos
Workingonit
Level 7

Thanks, but it was more complicated than that. Your suggestion might work great if sound originated in TV, but we used a sound bar that's hooked up to the TV. I don't remember how I fixed it, but it had to do with Roku "forgetting" how to make automatic high-caliber (can't remember the name of it) sound selection, which left it unable to select any sound at all. If it ever happened again (which it may not because the experience left me unwilling to use the headphones), I'd try the settings spec that tells ROKU to let the TV tell it what to do, which might work for this problem and which I stumbled on recently as a solution to another sound glitch. As I discovered, this selection can unexpectedly become "unselected," which disables the sound bar.

0 Kudos