Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: No sound after unplugging headphones from remote

@stanMan87 

Thanks for the note. Could you describe a bit more about the issue you are running into? Which specific model of Roku Premiere+ device are you using from Settings>System>About? What is the exact behavior you experience? Does the same issue occur if you try using private listening through the free Roku mobile app on your phone? 

Please take a look through these resources to see if there are any helpful details: 

Remote Private Listening: 
https://support.roku.com/article/217478308-how-do-i-use-headphones-on-my-mobile-device-for-private-l...

Solving problems with Private Listening: 
https://support.roku.com/article/217479488-how-do-i-solve-problems-with-private-listening-

Please keep me posted with more info once you have a chance to test and we'll continue looking into further options from there. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi everyone, I had the same issue was able to solve the problem by simply going into settings-audio-S/PDIF and ARC-change it to pcm- stereo.
Unplug the unit from power supply wait for few seconds and plug it back in.
The issue will be resolved.
Its a bug in tlc software when on auto mode with head phone plugged in, it doesn't automatically goes back to TV speakers unless adjusted manually.
I hope tlc fix this with future updates.
Thanks and I hope this helps someone.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem. I thought the tv audio or sound bar was broken, then realized it was only that the roku ultra could not unmute itself after headphones were unplugged. Still haven't found a fix for this but will keep looking.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Download the Roku app. Select control -> Select the headphones. Then de-select the headphones. 

0 Kudos