Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No sound after unplugging headphones from remote

Just got another update to 8.1 build 4145 and I am not having this issue anymore.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just bought the 4k ultra today, and updated to 8.1 build 4145 and I am still having this same issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Well here is what I found out on my Roku 3.  I used to be able to plug in headphone when I wanted to say listen to some tunes on youtube.  Not rock my neighbors out of their beds. I could then just unplug and go back to watching netflix or what ever.  No reboot.

After the second update in a month I now find that in order to get sound back to my receiver I have to shut off the receiver, unplug and then power on again.  If I shut down the receiver before plugging in the headphones I can then just unplug before powering on home theater and sound works fine. So for me now this is an acceptable solution. One other oddity.  I can now control my receiver volume with the Roku remote.

Another issue I ran into was youtube screen flickering if I watched with just headphones.  I moved my HDMI cable to a different port on my receiver. Helped a bit.  Would take longer to occur. Moved HDMI on TV to another port.  This cured it.  Both cables felt a bit loose in previous ports.  Hopefully some will find this useful.  

I
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

+1

Same issue with Premiere+ @ 8.1.0 build 4145-29

Unplugging the headphones from the remote does not exit private listening mode; requires a reboot to reset it. Pretty annoying.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have been able to get TV volume control back by removing and reinstalling a battery in the remote (thus re-booting the remote only). Not always - but worth trying first.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same thing happens with our Ultra 4k and a Premier. It's pretty amazing how months went by and Roku hasn't even acknowledged the issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same here, constantly have to reboot to get sound to AVR via HMDI.

Ultra, most current build 8.1.0, 4145-46

Contacted support, only asked for software build & remote.

Happens with remote or iOS app. Didn’t have issues for last year+.

They broke it for sure, been 2 plus months without a fix
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same issue with my Roku Ultra.
I like to watch movies at night so this feature was one of the main reasons I bought the Ultra. It worked well when I first used it a few months ago but then it stopped working properly.
Very frustrated and annoyed with this issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same here. I used this feature *all the time* ever since I got my first Roku3 however many years ago that was, and then on 2 Roku4's, and a couple months ago I replaced 2 roku4's with 2 new Ultra's (hoping that new hardware wouldn't lock up and crash all the time like both my 4's did). Ever since I got the Ultras, I have never been able to use the headphones without having to actually reboot the roku every time I want to remove the headphones. It's ridiculous. How has there been multiple software updates and this problem still persists? How has no one from Roku chimed in on this thread to explain, apologize, something...?

And of course the official help is utterly useless. If I have two different units, connected to entirely different brands of TV's and sound systems, and get the exact same behavior on both, plus this thread... sure as hell suggests it's universal.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It looks like a bug to me.  When you plug in the headphones on my Roku3 remote, a headphone icon shows with an adjustable volume level.  When you unplug the headphones a different icon shows - looks like speakers with a volume level of 0. Adjusting the volume then just adjusts my tv volume w/o changing the roku speaker icon volume. Repowering the roku restores sound level of the regular tv.
0 Kudos