Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeLetoris
Level 7

No solution seems to work

Recently given a Roku express but can't get it to work. It comes on and goes to the home screen just fine, however that's all it does as I can't get the remote to do anything. I have exhausted myself and the remote buttons trying solution after solution just to have the same result... nothing! WTF is really happening here?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No solution seems to work

The remote that comes with the Express is an infrared (IR) point-at-the-device remote.  Make sure that your Express is oriented facing outward from the tv, that you are pointing the remote at the Express, and that nothing is blocking the front of the Express.

Of course, you could have received a defective remote.  If you have a mobile phone with a camera you can check if it's sending signals.  Point the remote at the camera and view the camera display screen on the phone.  If the remote is functioning you should see it flash on the phone's camera screen when remote buttons are pressed.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos