Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No remote - how do I setup roku device?

Jump to solution

I moved home there for have a new internet. I do not have my roku remote. How do I set up my roku? Through an app maybe? Help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No remote

Jump to solution

@Kayeliz2390 wrote:

I moved home there for have a new internet. I do not have my roku remote. How do I set up my roku? Through an app maybe? Help!

Nope. You use a remote. You can order one from Roku, you can find one at Walmart, Best Buy, etc, or you can get a universal remote that supports Roku, depending on which Roku device you have.

Always let us know which Roku device you have so we can better direct you regarding a solution. For example, if you have a Roku Stick, a universal remote won't work. That kind of thing.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Kayeliz2390 wrote:

Nope. You use a remote. You can order one from Roku, you can find one at Walmart, Best Buy, etc, or you can get a universal remote that supports Roku, depending on which Roku device you have.

Always let us know which Roku device you have so we can better direct you regarding a solution. For example, if you have a Roku Stick, a universal remote won't work. That kind of thing.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Your only other option is to set up your new Wi-Fi to match your old Wi-FI - same SSID/network name and password - and hope it connects. If you can't do that then you must have a remote.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Re: No remote, can't get to home screen

Jump to solution

Can you set up a universal remote before setting up the roku device? Mine is stuck on the select language screen, but when I read about setting up a universal IR remote, it says first go the Roku home screen, but I won't be able to do that.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Re: No remote, can't get to home screen

Jump to solution

@hal_fairbanks wrote:

Can you set up a universal remote before setting up the roku device? Mine is stuck on the select language screen, but when I read about setting up a universal IR remote, it says first go the Roku home screen, but I won't be able to do that.

Yes, provided it's not a stick. The Sticks won't work with an IR remote, but as long as it's a standard Roku non-stick (no IR support) and non-TV (different code set) device, you can find a universal IR remote. Just ensure that the remote supports Roku.

DBDukes

0 Kudos