Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bubarsu
Level 7

Re: No pairing button

Jump to solution

I have Ultra 2020. It did respond at the Get Started screen. Now it’s stuck at the pair your remote screen. 

0 Kudos
mdaugerdas
Level 7

Jump to solution

405BAD5B-4742-443E-960F-9A1F7828ECA0.jpeg

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Bubarsu 

You didn't receive new remote with your 2020 Ultra? One like this: 

P1000031 (2).JPG

That is a wifi remote there is a pairing key on the battery compartment, put in the batteries and press the piring key for 5 seconds and release allow it to communicate with Ultra, it is alright if the light goes out just do nothing until you get a big DONE on screen. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
mdaugerdas
Level 7

Jump to solution

There’s no pairing Key nothing is visible 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

@mdaugerdas 

There is a second person asking questions in this same thread, the above wasn't for you, sorry. I can't make out what your picture is of, thats a roku express or SE along the edge of the tv? Neither comes with wifi remote so no pairing key. I asked if the remote you purchased had Roku tv label on it, it won't work with your roku. If you want an IR remote then the simple $14.99 roku sells is for you. Or go to target get a cheap universal like from philips, make siure it lists roku, put in the code it should work without problems. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Bubarsu
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes I did receive that remote but I do not plan to use it. I don’t want to have any Wi-Fi on and that remote uses Wi-Fi. So I Bought the sofabaton Universal Roku I are remote. I just can’t get past the Perry remote screen. The remote instructions say it works with the Roku ultra right out of the box.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Bubarsu 

I don't know about the Sofabaton remote, it isn't roku made remote its an aftermarket universal that might have been returned and so isn't set up for roku any longer, are there codes available to enter? Use the roku code, don't keep pressing the keys hoping it will suddenly work, it has to be programmed. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Bubarsu wrote:

Yes I did receive that remote but I do not plan to use it. I don’t want to have any Wi-Fi on and that remote uses Wi-Fi. So I Bought the sofabaton Universal Roku I are remote. I just can’t get past the Perry remote screen. The remote instructions say it works with the Roku ultra right out of the box.

I think (and @Tivoburkee will correct me if I'm wrong) that if a WiFi Direct remote is paired and connected to a Roku device, IR is disabled. So, try taking the batteries out of the original remote, reboot the Roku, then see if it responds to the IR remote. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

When a roku accepts both types of remotes wifi & IR it doesn't disable one over the other, it continues to accept both at the same time. I have Roku soundbar and 2020 Ultra in front of me each has a wifi remote paired to it, if I were to use IR roku remote both would respond to it at the same time. 

Edmund
Bubarsu
Level 7

Jump to solution

I never paired the remote that came with the ultra. It has no batteries. The Sofabaton is suppose to gr pre-programmed to work without any pairing or codes. It does not have a pairing button because it’s an IR remote. 

0 Kudos