Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlsara
Level 7

Re: No pairing button

Jump to solution

I have an Infocus/Roku TV. I am trying to pair with my Dish remote.  I cannot pair it with the Infocus or Roku codes on my Dish remote.  I tried Dish, Infocus, and Roku online support.  I still cannot turn my TV on or off with the Dish remote, or get volume also.   Jim

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

I am unfamiliar with the InFocus brand. I was aware of their projectors, but didn't know they make TVs as well.

I did a web search and I found this information. It's specific for Dish remotes, and notice that they have different codes for different Dish remotes. 

InFocus TV codes for Dish Network universal remote controls:

3 digit codes (20.1-21.1)for 20.1 & 21.1 Dish remotes

625 616 503

3 digit codes (20.0-21.0)for 20.0 & 21.0 Dish remotes

616 625 503

3 digit codes (Basic)for Dish Network Basic remote

031 148 252 616

4 digit codes (40.0, 50.0, 52.0, 54.0)for newer models

4609 1430 0736 0775 3524

https://www.eliztech.com/remotes/codelists/infocus-tv-codes-for-dish-network

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Bdd945
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Roku streaming stick. I need to pair my remote but there is no pairing button in the battery compartment. How do I get it paired?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Bdd945 

What you call a stick, does it have built in hdmi at the end of it, or does it accept a hdmi cable? A real stick can only be controlled by wifi remote, and all wifi remotes have pairing buttons. A remote without a pairing button is an IR remote only and it will never work with a real roku stick. But if your's does have a hdmi port to accept a hdmi cable it isn't a stick, its a roku express or premiere and do accept IR remotes. Nothing to pair it just works. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

Jump to solution

@Bdd945 wrote:

I have a Roku streaming stick. I need to pair my remote but there is no pairing button in the battery compartment. How do I get it paired?

As @Tivoburkee said, Sticks have remotes with pairing buttons, and IR remotes, such as what comes with the Express, don't.

What's the model number of your device? It's on the box. If it's 3920 or 3930, it ain't a stick.

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Bdd945
Level 7

Jump to solution

3600X. The device has  hdmi built in the with usb cable which connects to power on the tv 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

Jump to solution

@Bdd945 wrote:

3600X

That's definitely a Stick, although an older one (2016 model).

Is the remote the one that came with it? Or is it a replacement remote, either from the store or online or another Roku?

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Bdd945
Level 7

Jump to solution

It came with it. It hasn’t been paired for a while. I was using the phone app remote but I changed wifi routers. I kept the ssid and password the same but the device won’t automatically connect to my wifi 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

If there's no pairing button under the battery cover, then that isn't the correct remote for your 3600. As mentioned, all Roku Stick players use WiFi Direct remotes, and they all have a pairing button.

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos