Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emmakast
Level 7

No pairing button

Jump to solution
Hi,
I need some help with my roku remote please.
There is no pairing button on my remote therefore I cannot pair it to my device. It is working with the device when I put batteries on but I would like to pair them so that I can be able to use other features too. When I go to my -settings -remotes&devices - my paired devices (empty).
Please can you help me out with that?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: No pairing button, want to pair with Dish voice remote 540

Jump to solution

The dish remote is for pairing with Dish satellite receiver. If it has a tv device on the remote, then it will control the tv by IR, not RF. You would need to find tv code list for that model of remote, Roku tv's use a very old code set, so try codes listed for admiral, orion, philco, and sansui.

For the roku streamer, with new batteries in  the roku remote, unplug the roku, plug it back in, when the roku starts to bounce, press and hold the pairing key in the battery compartment, when it stops bouncing, release for a bit and start pressing again until you get confirmation its paired. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

21 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No pairing button

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you remote does not have a pairing button, then it is a standard IR remote and it does not need to be paired.

For more information regarding remotes, visit our Support page here: What type of remote control does my Roku® device use?

If you are still in need of assistance, please let us know the model of device you are trying to use your remote with.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GFitts
Level 7

Jump to solution

NO PAIRING BUTTON; I WANT TO PAIR WITH A DISH VOICE REMOTE [540] FOR MY JVC TV WITH ROKU.

I ALSO GOT A ROKU RECEIVER AS A GIFT AT THE SAME TIME I GOT THE TV.  THE REMOTE CONTROL WORKED THE FIRST TIME I USED IT, BUT NOT SINCE.  IT HAS A PAIRING BUTTON, I THINK.

GARY FITTS 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

The dish remote is for pairing with Dish satellite receiver. If it has a tv device on the remote, then it will control the tv by IR, not RF. You would need to find tv code list for that model of remote, Roku tv's use a very old code set, so try codes listed for admiral, orion, philco, and sansui.

For the roku streamer, with new batteries in  the roku remote, unplug the roku, plug it back in, when the roku starts to bounce, press and hold the pairing key in the battery compartment, when it stops bouncing, release for a bit and start pressing again until you get confirmation its paired. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

mdaugerdas
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Roku express I have an existing remote but want to add another this one has no pairing button but had power and volume buttons any suggestions? 

mike 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

Without a pairing button its a IR remote, there is only one model of roku remote that is IR and has tv power button and volume that would work with your express, it was only released with Onn Roku Soundbar. All other roku Ir remotes with tv power are Roku tv IR remotes have will not work AT ALL with your express, sorry. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
mdaugerdas
Level 7

Jump to solution

So it won’t work at all then? 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

Does the roku remote also have a crescent moon key? And does it have Roku TV labelled on it along with tv brand? A roku tv remote uses a completely different IR code set then stand alone roku like the roku express. Sorry it won't work. Only wifi remote that have a pairing key have tv controls, once it is paired to express other then the 3700 express, you can then program it for your tv brand. 

Want IR remote for your express, make sure it doesn't have tv power or volume buttons. You can get a cheap universal remote that lists roku as a brand, it has the benefit of controlling your tv as well as the roku. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Bubarsu
Level 7

Jump to solution

What to do to bypass the pair your remote screen with a standard IR remote? 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

If your roku isn't accepting an IR remote commands and just staying on the pairing screen, is probably do to not allowing IR remote. What model and number of roku do you have? If its a roku stick, it doesn't accept anything but a wifi remote, no IR remotes. 

Edmund
0 Kudos