Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Petsitter1

No option to set-up new (voice) remote in settings of Roku Express

Voice Remote description before I purchased said it works with the Express but no pairing window pops up and nothing under settings for “remotes and devices” to “set up a new device”.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No option to set-up new (voice) remote in settings of Roku Express

@Petsitter1 

If you have a Roku Express 3700, then the Voice Remote will not be able to be paired. (Settings/System/About)

The Roku Express 3900 and 3930 should contain "Remotes and Devices", leading me to believe this may be the older Express model.

If your Roku Express is the 3700 model, then will need the Roku Simple Remote (https://www.roku.com/products/accessories) or you can buy a universal streaming remote compatible with Roku devices. (this will be an IR remote/line of sight).

[Edited - to reflect only the 3700 reference, defer to @Tivoburkee on replacement advice.  Thanks for the correction on 3900.].

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No option to set-up new (voice) remote in settings of Roku Express

Only the original 3700 Express and 3710 Express + can't be paired to a wifi voice remote, all models after them can. So, what is your model of express? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos