Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connect roku express+ without a remote

@HungTopDayton 

Sorry you can't, you need a remote but it doesn't have to be a true roku remote, a cheap universal remote would do. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@HungTopDayton 

Thanks for the inquiry.

As @Tivoburkee mentioned, you will need a remote to connect your device to your wireless network.

If you need a replacement remote for your Express+, you can order a Simple remote on our Products page here: Player Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

@RokuDanny-R  Can something be done about listing Roku Tv under the simple remote, it will not work on any roku tv. And I would remove the soundbar as well, the simple remote has no volume keys.

Edmund

0 Kudos
Aj_l
Reel Rookie

Roku Express Setup Can't find Remote

Changed ISP. Can’t find remote for #Roku Express. Can’t connect to player using mobile app because it is not connected to the same network as the mobile device. Can’t find IP address for my Roku Express player to change the network on my mobile app. I did find SN but can’t find IP address. 

***Buying another remote or another Roku player is out of the question. 

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me. 

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express network setup problems

You need another remote. They are not expensive neither are Roku's.

You will NOT be able to setup your Roku to the new LAN. period.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Your Roku is set to look for the network name (SSID) on your former router and log into it with the old password. If you can set your router to use the same SSID and password, your Roku should connect to it.
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

I lost my Original roku. How can I set it up?

I had an old roku. Now that I want to use it I don’t have the original remote. The WiFi changed. And when opening the app the app would not pick up my roku because it’s not connected to the WiFi...help please

Aj_l
Reel Rookie

Thank you so much @makaiguy ! Best and most helpful answer yet! I will try this (if I can figure out how to do it)! Thank you so much again!!!

0 Kudos
MandaMay81

Have no roku express remote

I  cant set up.my device because have no remote.

The cell app wont work because rhe device n cell have to be on same wifi is there y way of doing this or do i have to buy new remote?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Re: Have no roku express remote

@MandaMay81 

Unless you have a cellphone with built-in IR emitter, yes you will need a remote. But it doesn't have to be a true roku remote, a cheap universal would do. You wouldn't happen to have charter cable remote it could have a roku code in it? 

Edmund

0 Kudos