Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vbarnes

Can’t find remote. App isn’t connected to the tv yet. How do I turn on my tv

My remote is lost and I haven’t set up the app yet to be able to turn the tv on from my phone. In order to connect it I need to turn the tv on, which I can’t. The tv has Roku inside it 

Hirley1

Re: my control broked and is under warranty

Hi, my 4k roku remote stopped working. We purchased 4 months ago at beat buy but im having a really hard time getting a phone number where to call for replacement. Where can i call? Why is it so difficult to get help? Please direct me to right number 

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Can’t find remote. App isn’t connected to the tv yet. How do I turn on my tv

You need to find the remote or order another one. You wont get far without one.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: my control broked and is under warranty

@Hirley1 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can take a look at the replacement remotes available on our Products page here: Player Accessories

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Lost remote for streaming stick. Can't do initial set up. Anyway to use phone remote.

I'm wondering if I can download the app on my phone and use the remote from the app to do a setup

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Lost remote for streaming stick. Can't do initial set up. Anyway to use phone remote.

Sorry but no. You need a remote to enter the internet network and password into the roku before you can use the cellphone app. Is this stick purple? Because if it is you're out of luck getting a replacement remote they aren't available anymore for 3500 sticks. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Lost my remote and moved can’t set up wifi without a remote help

Hello !

i have the Roku Express. I lost my remote and moved to a new apartment, and now cannot set up my Roku. I cannot get my Roku to connect to WiFi without the remote. If I buy a new remote will my new remote and my old Roku automatically work together? How can I resolve this issue ?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Lost my remote and moved can’t set up wife without a remote help

Yes, if you buy a IR universal from dollar store or target that lists roku it should work without any trouble. You can buy the simple remote from roku, fourth one down on this page:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

If you go used via ebay make sure the remote doesn't have a power key at the top of the remote, if it has it that makes either Roku tv remote or wifi remote. Remotes without are roku streaming IR remotes. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Re: Setting Up Factory Reset Tv without remote

I have the same issue and I got a replacement remote but I can't pair it because the screen is stuck on the select language screen

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Setting Up Factory Reset device without remote

@scottmguidry 

Thanks for the note.

What model Roku device do you have and which remote did you purchase as a replacement remote?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos