Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Remote for Roku Device

I factory reset my Roku device with my mobile phone because I lost my remote a long time ago. Now I cant connect my phone to my Roku device. My tv screen is stuck on lets get started because my phone wont connect anymore.

95 REPLIES 95
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Setting Up Factory Reset Tv without remote

@Tennile_0710 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What model is your Roku device? 

You will need a remote to set up your device if you factory reset.

If you need a replacement remote, depending on the model of your device, you can purchase one on our Support page here: Player Accessories

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Rel

No Remote for Roku Device

How can I access My Roku HDMI without a remote. Can I use a Samsung Galaxy Phone and download the Roku application? The Roku device was previously set up at a different Address, so now that I have it at new location, the IP Address on the device is set for the old location.  Why and how.can I fix this issue. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Remote

@Rel 

Simple - get a remote.  You can't connect a Roku to your network without a remote.  If it's anything but a stick, find a cheap universal IR remote at your favorite big box store (or even the dollar store).  Just make sure it lists Roku as a supported device.  If it's a stick, only a Roku remote will do.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Liyah

No Remote to Reconnect To Internet

Downloaded the Roku app on my phone to utilize the remote function. Suddenly after connecting the Roku device stopped connection to my phone and internet. How can I get access back when Roku isn't connected to internet or my phone? Plus I don't have the remote up address.

boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: No Remote to Reconnect To Internet

@Liyah 

You cant. You need the remote dear.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
renojim

Not entirely true.  All Rokus except for sticks can use an IR remote.  They may (or may not) come with an RF remote, but they can still use most universal IR remotes (again, except for the sticks).

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rel @Liyah 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What Roku device model do you have? Please keep us posted so we can make the appropriate remote replacement recommendation for you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jpulido

Lost remote and Internet provider changed our wifi name

Hello, we lost the Roku remote and around the same time our wifi was somehow automatically changed back to the factory setting after needing to reset our modem. Now our wifi password and network name is different AND we have no remote. Does anyone have any suggestions or do we have to restart and order a new one?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
renojim

Re: Lost remote and Internet provider changed our wifi name

What model?  If it's a box (or TV) and not a stick, any universal IR remote that states it supports Roku will work.  If it's a stick, you need a Roku remote.

0 Kudos