Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rlin5741
Level 7

No Longer Working with Logitech Harmony

I have a Logitech Harmony Hub with remote, and after a recent firmware update, a number of commands no longer work with my Roku 3.  For example, I can press the "Netflix" and "Amazon" and "Hulu" soft keys, and the Roku will respond, however the directional keys, the "Enter" key and the "back" keys all do not work.  My gut tells me it's either a Logitech or Roku firmware update issue, both devices automatically updated firmware over the last week while I was on vacation and when I came back, it was exhibiting these issues.

Note to other Logitech users - I have the Harmony Hub implementation, I.e. a newer one that runs off an wifi enabled Hub and for Roku communicates over wifi.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
blinton
Level 7

Re: No Longer Working with Logitech Harmony

Glad to see i am not the only one... Would be nice if someone fixed this its kind of annoying... Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
MikeFromMesa
Level 7

"Rlin5741" wrote:
I have a Logitech Harmony Hub with remote, and after a recent firmware update, a number of commands no longer work with my Roku 3.  For example, I can press the "Netflix" and "Amazon" and "Hulu" soft keys, and the Roku will respond, however the directional keys, the "Enter" key and the "back" keys all do not work.  My gut tells me it's either a Logitech or Roku firmware update issue, both devices automatically updated firmware over the last week while I was on vacation and when I came back, it was exhibiting these issues.

Note to other Logitech users - I have the Harmony Hub implementation, I.e. a newer one that runs off an wifi enabled Hub and for Roku communicates over wifi.

I have one of the non-hub Harmony remotes (the 650) and it is still working properly. In fact I am so happy with the Harmony that I almost never pick up any of the "real" remotes that came with my equipment. It controls my Roku P+ perfectly as well as my Sony TV and DVD player.

The Harmony Hub may well have problems but my 650 just keeps working.
0 Kudos
Rlin5741
Level 7

It's a Hub issue, since the Hub defaults to IP comminucation with the Roku to enable non-LOS communication and additional commands.  This was the response I got from Harmony support a little over three weeks ago:

Currently, the IP command for Roku is not working for few users, our team is looking into this. I do not have any update as of now. 
In the meantime, I've added a test Roku 3 and created test Activity namely "Watch Roku" in your account. Please Sync your Harmony to get the changes, test and let me know if that helped. 

Note that the IR version of the Roku commands is working.  To set up the Roku as IR only, unplug the Roku, then just the scanning for device phase when you try to ad it to force a manual configuration, that will set up the Roku as an IR device.
0 Kudos
Rlin5741
Level 7

"MikeFromMesa" wrote:
"Rlin5741" wrote:

I have one of the non-hub Harmony remotes (the 650) and it is still working properly. In fact I am so happy with the Harmony that I almost never pick up any of the "real" remotes that came with my equipment. It controls my Roku P+ perfectly as well as my Sony TV and DVD player.

The Harmony Hub may well have problems but my 650 just keeps working.

The 650 communicates over IR, so not surprised it is working.  Seems to be IR is the workaround.  Not ideal, but once I dug out my IR blasters (Roku is an enclosed cabinet so no LOS from the couch) it works ok.  Some commands don't work as well (direct launch HBO Go for example) but most of the normal ones are fine if a bit sluggish (probably a function of the non ideal LOS)
0 Kudos
bump909
Level 7

Any updates on this?  My issue is that I'm getting double button presses when navigating Netflix or Amazon app.  Plex seems fine and so does the main home menu where I can select the channel.
0 Kudos
ernesto
Level 7

Hi, I have an Harmony 650 and I just updated to Roku Streaming Stick+ and to my surprise 650 does not work with Roku P+. I have read here that you made it work. Can you please provide instruction and how you did it? Thank you so much!
0 Kudos
bandaid
Level 7

Hello,

I’ve the same issue here... Any update on this with the Harmony Hib?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
andyross
Level 10

The Roku Stick models ONLY work with WiFi-based remotes. They do not support standard IR (infrared) commands.
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 8

The Harmony Hub should work with the stick since it can send commands through the network. Programming that thing is such a PITA that getting it setup properly could be a challenge. I set one up for my mother a while back and it used to work with her Roku through the network (not a stick, however), but now it doesn't. She prefers the Roku remote anyway, so I haven't bothered trying to figure out what happened. I just don't have the patience to battle with Logitech's software.

-JT
0 Kudos