Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ingridorchris
Level 7

Re: No Longer Working with Logitech Harmony

I have the exact same error on one of my Harmony Ultimate's. It just started this week.  Any updates?
0 Kudos
5minutes
Level 7

After the most recent OS update, my Harmony remote stopped working.  
0 Kudos
jimmer2880
Level 8

My Harmony Hub just stopped working as well!    Directional buttons won't work.   Even tried re-programming them.   

I had a 650 and absolutely loved it (until the cats chewed it).   Love the idea of the hub, but in practice, it hasn't been all I hoped it to be.

Any update?
0 Kudos
blue_94_trooper
Level 7

I've got two Harmony Hubs, one with a Roku Ultra and one with a Roku 3 and haven't had any issues with either.
SoundBridge M500 (retired), PhotoBridge HD1000 rev. B (retired)
Roku 2 XS (retired), Roku XD (retired)
Roku 3 x2, Roku 2, Roku Ultra
0 Kudos
Stain
Level 7

I have a Roku 3 that has stopped working as described in the original post with a Harmony Hub as well. It just began not working after working for several years. I also have another Roku 3 and Harmony Hub for a different TV and they are still working. I guess I will not take any updates for that TV/harmony yet. I also have a Roku 2 that works fine.

I tried to add the non-working Roku 3 device (model 4200x) using the Harmony software but the Roku is not detected as being on the same network - it cannot find the Roku. Obviously, it really is on the same network (wired ethernet) but the Roku is not detected by the harmony hub during setup. The other Roku devices in my house are still detected during this step. I also tried connecting the Roku 3 to my wifi instead and it still is not detected. Please fix this issue! I need my directional buttons back!

Cheers,
Stain 
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

"Stain" wrote:
I have a Roku 3 that has stopped working as described in the original post with a Harmony Hub as well. It just began not working after working for several years. I also have another Roku 3 and Harmony Hub for a different TV and they are still working. I guess I will not take any updates for that TV/harmony yet. I also have a Roku 2 that works fine.

I tried to add the non-working Roku 3 device (model 4200x) using the Harmony software but the Roku is not detected as being on the same network - it cannot find the Roku. Obviously, it really is on the same network (wired ethernet) but the Roku is not detected by the harmony hub during setup. The other Roku devices in my house are still detected during this step. I also tried connecting the Roku 3 to my wifi instead and it still is not detected. Please fix this issue! I need my directional buttons back!

Cheers,
Stain 

Check the software version on the devices. Don't say "latest" but rather list the actual version and build. Not all devices on an account will necessarily have the same version during a rollout. Note that v9.0 is still rolling out to set-top boxes until the end of the year.
DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
whygee
Level 7

Same problem here.

I have a Roku 4 (model 4400X) with software version 9.0.0 - build 4084-7.

I'm not sure I understand how you can force the Roku to be added an as IR device...
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

"whygee" wrote:
Same problem here.

I have a Roku 4 (model 4400X) with software version 9.0.0 - build 4084-7.

I'm not sure I understand how you can force the Roku to be added an as IR device...

You don't need to force anything. All Roku set-top boxes (not Sticks) support IR. The Roku 4 came with a WiFi Direct remote but can also be controlled with a Roku IR remote. So, if you want to use a universal remote, such as the Logitech Harmony, you simply treat it just as you would the Express or the older Roku 1 or SE.

Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?
DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
whygee
Level 7

Actually, I just deleted the Roku and the activity completely from the Hub, readded the Roku via wi-fi detection and now it's working!
0 Kudos
blur612
Level 7

I just purchased a Roku Streaming Stick+ and found significant delays in remote commands when using the Harmony Remote.  Since this device does not use IR, the IR workaround is not relevant.

I called Roku support, and they told me that they do not support or recommend using Harmony Remotes on ANY roku hardware devices, and that they are only compatible/supported/recommended on Roku TVs.  They told me that there was no workaround, and that if I use the Harmony Remote there will continue to be a delay and there is no fix coming for this.

Very disappointing news, and I will have to return this device as I'm too invested in the Harmony Remotes at this point to switch to another option.  I guess it's back to the FireStick and their annoying Amazon-Focused content.  It's too bad, as I really prefer the Roku devices but No Harmony Support is a definite deal breaker.

0 Kudos