Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

New ultra remote is extremely sensitive to a light touch

During the set-up procedure of entering my 9 digit PW for wifi, the remote was beyond sensitive to even a light touch.  Just touching the arrow buttons (not depressing the arrow button) caused the cursor to move rapidly to the far extreme.

In selecting a letter or number, the adjacent digit was selected by the remote when I touched the “ok” button.   I did find that by lightly depressing the left edge of the “ok” button, I could select the correct digit.  However, to enter the nine digits took almost 30 minutes of trial and error.  Unfortunately, entering search data by the remote, is equally difficult.

I did remove the remote’s batteries and power to the Roku box in the hopes of stabilizing the sensitivity of the remotes buttons, but to no avail.  In a word, they are “twitchy” and I am looking for a resolution to this ongoing problem.

Edit - My problem was resolved by returning the remote control for a replacement, that is modestly sensitive.  Picking up the remote and touching the buttons will often interrupt your viewing.  Pressing the top left arrow button returns me to my movie.  Now I grasp the remote from the sides.

In spite of the quirks, I like the “Ultra’s” remote!

Thanks Ray

10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: New ultra remote is extremely sensitive to a light touch

I have the same problem with the Roku Ultra remote. I'll be watching a movie, and when I just try to slide the remote out of my way, it changes to Netflix. Sling, or whatever other button I just barely touched. Then I have to go back and find out what I missed on my movie. It is SO frustrating. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone I liked. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Agreed. Great product but syncing the remote to control the tv volume is the WORST option. It turns the tv on immediately to the bright home screen. Just barely touching the remote on the nightstand will cause it to bring the Roku  out of sleep mode and turn the tv on. This wakes my wife up and I hear about it the whole next day! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this same problem.  5-8 times a day my viewing is interrupted when I barely touch the remote, sometimes without actually touch one of the buttons.  Very annoying.

I really would like the disable the Netflix, Hulu and other such buttons. They are only a problem to me.

Highlighted
Level 17

Cut them out with a knife or open the remote and place a piece of tape under those buttons.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I find it extremely odd that you can barely breathe on the Netflix or Hulu, Vudu or Sling buttons and the thing jumps to attention. But, you have to hit the Home button twice to get it going. Messed uo!!

Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same issue, especially those 4 buttons. I use the Netflix button, but sling is the worst. Other buttons are an issue too, but much less.

If they could just add an option for a confirmation before exiting YouTube or Plex, or whatever, this would be a big improvement

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I'm tempted to try and get a job at ROKU and find out what's up!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hold on! You can get Plex on your Roku Ultra?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@Teebag32 wrote:

Hold on! You can get Plex on your Roku Ultra?

Yes, I get it on my Roku express too

It's a dedicated app

0 Kudos