Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2reason
Level 7

New ultra remote is extremely sensitive to a light touch

During the set-up procedure of entering my 9 digit PW for wifi, the remote was beyond sensitive to even a light touch.  Just touching the arrow buttons (not depressing the arrow button) caused the cursor to move rapidly to the far extreme.

In selecting a letter or number, the adjacent digit was selected by the remote when I touched the “ok” button.   I did find that by lightly depressing the left edge of the “ok” button, I could select the correct digit.  However, to enter the nine digits took almost 30 minutes of trial and error.  Unfortunately, entering search data by the remote, is equally difficult.

I did remove the remote’s batteries and power to the Roku box in the hopes of stabilizing the sensitivity of the remotes buttons, but to no avail.  In a word, they are “twitchy” and I am looking for a resolution to this ongoing problem.

Thanks Ray

0 Kudos