Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joelissa1

New tv and lost roku remote

Jump to solution

I lost my remote for the roku and i bought a new tv how do i connect the roku to my new tv using the roku remote app?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New tv and lost roku remote

Jump to solution

If your Roku device was already linked to your Roku account and you haven't factory reset it and it's currently connected to your network, connect it to your new TV and it should just work.  You can use the Roku app on your phone/tablet as a remote.  You don't need a Roku remote to move a working Roku from one TV to another.

If you factory reset your Roku, or it was never activated/linked to your Roku account, or it's not connected to your network you will need a remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New tv and lost roku remote

Jump to solution

If your Roku device was already linked to your Roku account and you haven't factory reset it and it's currently connected to your network, connect it to your new TV and it should just work.  You can use the Roku app on your phone/tablet as a remote.  You don't need a Roku remote to move a working Roku from one TV to another.

If you factory reset your Roku, or it was never activated/linked to your Roku account, or it's not connected to your network you will need a remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos