Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M5
Reel Rookie

New roku Ultra LT remote volume buttons and on/off buttons not working when trying to set up

Jump to solution

Trying to set up my new Roku ULTRA LT, and I get everything set up but when I get to the page to enter my brand of tv it wont let me enter Samsung. So I cant get any further than this.  The remote works to go to Home, channels and so forth, but the volume buttons and the on/off button wont work.  Ive troubleshooted everything I find on the subject and watched all the videos.  Ive entered my problem on the Roku website chat page, asking for help, but Im ignored.  Can anyone help me please?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New roku Ultra LT remote volume buttons and on/off buttons not working when trying to set up

Jump to solution

There seem to be a lot of people having this problem.  I don't know of a definitive solution, but try restarting your Roku (unplug the power for a few seconds and plug it back in).  Once it restarts, check for updates from Settings->System->System update and then try to set up the remote again from Settings->Remotes & devices->Remotes->Enhanced Voice Remote->Set up remote for TV control.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New roku Ultra LT remote volume buttons and on/off buttons not working when trying to set up

Jump to solution

There seem to be a lot of people having this problem.  I don't know of a definitive solution, but try restarting your Roku (unplug the power for a few seconds and plug it back in).  Once it restarts, check for updates from Settings->System->System update and then try to set up the remote again from Settings->Remotes & devices->Remotes->Enhanced Voice Remote->Set up remote for TV control.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.