Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New remote

Jump to solution

Hi, I purchased a tcl Roku TV and was wondering what are some cheap alternatives for non ir remotes? The way my entertainment center is set up it just barely blocks the ir receiver making it difficult to get a good angle with pointing the remote.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New remote

Jump to solution

You can go to your local walmart or best buy and buy the wifi voice remote, it won't work out of the box with roku tv, you have to pair. Once paired the remote signal can go through walls. You can buy it from amazon as well:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-RCAL7R-Voice-Remote-New/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_ybh_a_198?_encoding=UTF8&ps...

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

You can go to your local walmart or best buy and buy the wifi voice remote, it won't work out of the box with roku tv, you have to pair. Once paired the remote signal can go through walls. You can buy it from amazon as well:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-RCAL7R-Voice-Remote-New/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_ybh_a_198?_encoding=UTF8&ps...

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Linda123k
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Great, thankyou for advice.

0 Kudos
dathead2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

the remotes work through Bluetooth not wifi don’t they ?either way will work for non direct remote pointing issues  

also have you tried the Roku remote app which is free available on Apple or android store. It goes with through wifi and is very convenient. 

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@dathead2 Roku non-IR remotes use WiFi Direct, not Bluetooth. The old Roku 2XS (model 3100, discontinued in 2013) did use a Bluetooth remote, but that's the only one that did.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos