Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

New remote (RC490) not moving cursor on screen

Jump to solution

I have an older ROKU 3 model 4200X that I lost the remote for.  After being advised by ROKU on four different remotes that would work with my unit I purchased the RC490.  After hooking it up and pairing it with my player it seems that everything works except the cursor.  The cursor stays in the top left corner.  When I push the "OK" button the finger on it moves like it is clicking on something.  The cursor movement is one of the key uses I want on the remote.  Does this remote work for my unit or was I given bad information?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: New remote (RC490) not moving cursor on screen

Jump to solution

This didn't work.  Someone just replied that I needed a gaming remote for the cursor to work on Angry Birds.  I'm thinking this is something I should have been told when requesting a replacement remote for the 4200X.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

It may that number in the on-screen menu and roku checkout but really isn't the model I need to help you, check the model number  in the battery compartment, like rc-al?

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

RC-AL7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks Edmund.  The number inside is RC-AL7

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Yes, that remote is compatible to the Roku 3 once paired. Try unplugging the roku 3 from the power for bit and plugging it back in. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

When you say the finger doesn't move, are you trying to play a game like Angry Birds?  If so, you need a gaming remote.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This didn't work.  Someone just replied that I needed a gaming remote for the cursor to work on Angry Birds.  I'm thinking this is something I should have been told when requesting a replacement remote for the 4200X.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

That would be the problem.  When I asked what remote was compatible for the 4200X I probably should have been informed about that.  Grrrrr........

Thanks.

0 Kudos