Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fish1plan2
Level 8

New just purchased stick+ (3810X) will not pair with remote

Just purchased streaming stick+ and hit a snag with setup...the remote won't pair with the stick. I've tried everything mentioned on the forum to no avail. When I unplug the power and wait and then plug in the power a white light blinks and after a bit the ROKU screen appears - but only for seconds, then the screen goes blank while the light continues to blink. On the remote the green light flashes after I've depressed the pairing button but it soon goes out. I've never gotten as far into the process as seeing the pairing screen. I'm using a HDMI port that works. Power from the wall socket. Have replaced batteries. Have swapped out the USB cable to the wall socket. Anything left to try or is it time to return the product?

Thanks in advance for help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New just purchased stick+ (3810X) will not pair with remote

@fish1plan2 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here: 
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
fish1plan2
Level 8

Thanks. I've tried all items in both and still the devices won't pair. I've also tried factory reset of both remote and stick. Still won't pair. Why does the ROKU screen appear for a few seconds then go away?  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@fish1plan2 

Thanks for the update.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
fish1plan2
Level 8

I need the MAC address of the Streaming Stick Plus in order for it to get 'on the network'. Sending you the email per your request. Can you take the devid# and reach back to manufacturing dept and obtain the MAC address and send to me please?

Thanks for help 

0 Kudos
MarieRenee
Level 7

My issue is the same is this person‘s. I have a Roku streaming stick plus I lost just the streaming stick. Purchased a new one and cannot get it to pair despite trying all the steps in troubleshooting. I am on the Roku screen where it shows streaming options but I can’t access settings. And no pair screen appears, just the floating white Roku word. SN; C13844391228. [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@MarieRenee 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you using the remote that the device came with to pair? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

If you are stuck on the Roku booting screen, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on the Roku device. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jeremy2
Level 7

Same issue. Model 3810X.

Roku is powered from wall plug and plugged into HDMI input. Roku stuck on screen saying pairing with remote, white light flashing.

Remote green light flashing.

Tried factory reset of Roku. Tried reset of remote. Still the same behaviour.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

The only thing I can suggest is to stand within inches of the stick and make sure you have good fresh batteries in the remote.

0 Kudos
Jeremy2
Level 7

The batteries were new, like the remote and the stick. I tried the remote right next to the stick, no joy.

Today I exchanged it all for a new box, model 3810eu and that has all setup fine.

0 Kudos