Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cilcin
Level 7

New TV on an existing roku

So we got a new tv. A Polaroid. Trying to get the remote to control power and volume. 

I go to settings, remote, and try to pair. It goes thru 50 or so codes and no luck. Then I get a message saying there’s no more codes for my Sansui tv and to look at a completely useless article on the website. 

how do I manually enter the TV type?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New TV on an existing roku

@Cilcin 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can provide you with some insight as he seems to be one of our most knowledgable remote users.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New TV on an existing roku

Polaroid has been manufactured by so many different companies each having a different code set, it is impossible to know what brand of tv that might use the same code. And there isn't a set of instructions to get the roku to allow you to switch tv brands on the fly. You might have to go through and let it fail two or three times before it will give you the option to switch brands. You can also try re-pairing the remote to roku again and then see if it will allow you to change tv brands. Then try mitsubishi, samsung and even sony.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos