Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stickup
Level 7

New Streaming Stick+ Voice Remote not working.

Hi , I purchased my first Roku Streaming Stick+ about 4 hours ago , and I can not get the voice command option on the remote to work. 

The remote paired easily enough, and works fine apart from when i press the microphone button i get nothing.  I have rebooted the stick and re-paired the remote numerous times and even tried a factory reset but no joy. 

Any ideas ? I am contemplating just taking it back to the shop tomorrow and giving up as I have wasted too much time already on this. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Streaming Stick+ Voice Remote not working.

@stickup 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

When you press the voice command button, what happens?

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I use my voice to search and control my Roku® device?

Lastly, where are you located? Voice search and voice control is supported in Canada, Ireland, Mexico, the United Kingdom, and the United States. If you are in those regions and are still not able to connect, its possible that you may have setup your Roku device in another region.

You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos