Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronman189
Channel Surfer

Will channels on my Ultra automatically transfer to my new soundbar?

Jump to solution

Hi, new to this forum.  I have a Roku Ultra which I have been using for about 18 months and have been very happy with it.  Yesterday, I bought a new Roku Soundbar, which I guess has Roku built in to it.  My question is, will all the channels I've loaded onto my Ultra transfer automatically to my soundbar version or will I be starting from scratch?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Will channels on my Ultra automatically transfer to my new soundbar?

Jump to solution

What hasn't been mentioned so far is that your channel apps are attached to your Roku account.  Any Roku linked to this same account will get the same channel apps.  Add/delete on one, you add/delete on all. 

So as long as you make sure you link the soundbar to your existing Roku account everything said in the previous responses applies.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: New Soundbar

Jump to solution

Yes, they should all replicate to the soundbar.  However, you may have to login/activate to some/many/all of them, depending.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Re: New Soundbar

Jump to solution

And move the channels around to match your ultra's home screen. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

What hasn't been mentioned so far is that your channel apps are attached to your Roku account.  Any Roku linked to this same account will get the same channel apps.  Add/delete on one, you add/delete on all. 

So as long as you make sure you link the soundbar to your existing Roku account everything said in the previous responses applies.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Ronman189
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks to all of you for your responses.  Glad I found this forum!

0 Kudos