Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Roku remote with mute button?

Jump to solution

Like many here I am frustrated by the lack of a mute button on my remote. I was about to buy a Sideclick when I found this listing for a new model remote with a mute button. It's a new model RCAL7RW. The writing on the box (assuming the picture is of the correct box) is very encouraging. I can only find it a Walmart on pre-order.

Does anyone know anything about this remote? I would like to use it with a Streaming Stick+ and a Vizio TV. I am hoping the mute button will control my TV. Will it work?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Re: New Roku remote with mute button?

Jump to solution

I have a rc-al7 roku remote, it doesn't have RW on the end, it pairs with stick+, premiere, and roku tcl TV's. All I have in the house are Roku tvs, tcl, insignia, and hisense brands. I can't say for sure if would work on non roku tv, but Hisense uses the same IR code set that vizios respond to, which was originally LG/Goldstar code set. In the roku menu rc-al7 is said to be rc250. What it says in the menu never matches what written in the battery compartment.  When this remote is paired with roku tv directly, it controls the volume by wifi. But when I pair it roku stick+ or premiere, and then set up the tv brand, it controls volume & mute by IR.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Jump to solution

I have a rc-al7 roku remote, it doesn't have RW on the end, it pairs with stick+, premiere, and roku tcl TV's. All I have in the house are Roku tvs, tcl, insignia, and hisense brands. I can't say for sure if would work on non roku tv, but Hisense uses the same IR code set that vizios respond to, which was originally LG/Goldstar code set. In the roku menu rc-al7 is said to be rc250. What it says in the menu never matches what written in the battery compartment.  When this remote is paired with roku tv directly, it controls the volume by wifi. But when I pair it roku stick+ or premiere, and then set up the tv brand, it controls volume & mute by IR.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Jump to solution

The new remote included with upcoming 2019 Roku Ultra will have MUTE key.

Jump to solution

I was looking for a stand-alone remote to use with my existing Streaming Stick+. I ordered the one from Walmart. It arrived today and it works great!

Tivoburkee
Level 14

Jump to solution

Price just jumped up $29.99 for rc-al7 remote sold at amazon, walmart, and best buy. Smiley Sad