Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: New Roku remote control models

Amazon $60).  The TV controls, headphone jack and remote finder all work.  It just sacrifices the TCL remote's mute button for A/B gaming buttons (and a few other differences such as button shapes/placement, matte vs glossy front, flat vs rounded back, etc).

Or get the $20 RC127 "Streaming Stick Voice Remote" (from 2017 Stick) if you just need the TV buttons and voice commands.  Ditto for the RC150 remote from the Stick+.

What's interesting is that once paired, these new remotes' power and volume buttons work on the Roku TV set via Wi-Fi instead of IR, just like the original TCL enhanced remote.  IR not even an option in this case.

EDIT: More posts here and here.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi
Have posted this question on another part of the forum (probably in error), but it does seem to fit here.  It concerns the enhanced remote that comes with the Streaming Stick + (2017 model), and which supposedly has voice control. However can't seem to get this to work, so am I missing something?
Only guidance I can find (on ROKU site) is to press the magnifier button, speak a search word or two, then release the button.  What then happens is that on releasing the button it just opens the search window but does not auto enter the voice suggestion.  Any suggestions ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

"Shawthing" wrote:
Hi
Have posted this question on another part of the forum (probably in error), but it does seem to fit here.  It concerns the enhanced remote that comes with the Streaming Stick + (2017 model), and which supposedly has voice control. However can't seem to get this to work, so am I missing something?
Only guidance I can find (on ROKU site) is to press the magnifier button, speak a search word or two, then release the button.  What then happens is that on releasing the button it just opens the search window but does not auto enter the voice suggestion.  Any suggestions ?

I suggest that if you want this feature you move to the US and buy a US version of the stick. If you unreasonably insist on living elsewhere despite Roku's 'encouragement', then you could try for a grey import but that might affect the TV services available to the device (which is why I held off buying in the UK until the Streaming Stick+ was released here in the last few months). Remember, you will need to sound like an American when using this feature so make sure you end every request by firing a couple of rounds into the ceiling.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Good post about the new remote but I have the new remote with my Roku Ultra ... Warning! It is missing the button to change the TV input ... When changing input for PS4 or other devices.

I had to go buy a universal remote which has all the same basic functions so now I do not have two remotes.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

"Deckard_9732" wrote:
Good post about the new remote but I have the new remote with my Roku Ultra ... Warning! It is missing the button to change the TV input ... When changing input for PS4 or other devices.

I had to go buy a universal remote which has all the same basic functions so now I do not have two remotes.

Nobody ever claimed these remotes could replace every function of a TV remote.. they only claimed to offer volume and power buttons.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

"Deckard_9732" wrote:

If you have a good TV with HDMI CEC that can switch the inputs. If not or if it does not work reliably, you can buy a sideclick that goes onto the side of the remote and gives u like 8+ buttons that you can program to anything that you have IR remote for. This let me get rid of my universal remote.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Sideclicks website says it is not compatible with the new Streaming Sticks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

"Lgb0250" wrote:
Sideclicks website says it is not compatible with the new Streaming Sticks!

Contact their support and see if they have one for the new model. Someone said they were able to get support to ship one out for a roku ultra 2017 model which I do not see on their website yet.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"beq" wrote:
"atc98092" wrote:
I don't believe Roku uses anything but CEC for power/volume control. I don't think IR is involved at all.

As the others mentioned, the 2017 Stick/Ultra remotes now have an IR emitter window at the top, whereas previous remotes relied only on HDMI-CEC control of select TV's, as you said.  I think the Roku player gets the brand of the connected TV via CEC, then loads the new remote with the first appropriate IR codeset from its database (and asks you to test).  I'm curious though, has anyone found a TV that's not compatible with Roku's IR database?

Interestingly, the Platform Secret Screen lets you select IR vs CEC, change IR codeset, global region, etc:

Home x 5, FF, Play, RW, Play, FF
-> "RF Remote Menu"
-> "IR transmit menu"
-> "Universal IR Menu..." or "Universal CEC Menu..."

Has anyone tried all the options?  What's CapTouch, etc.

Has anyone tried or figured out a way to force IR yet? I would love to be able to use the RC135 to control the volume on my soundbar connected by optical cable.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just a FYI... Anyone know how to sync the 'Roku Enhanced Voice Remote' (RC193 or RC-AL4) with a TCL 55p605 TV to enable voice search?

I posted this question to another forum titled Roku TV: Cheapest entrypoint with enhanced remote with headphones?, but figured I'd re-post here in case it's more relevant here...

Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos