Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Re: New Roku Voice Remote will NOT pair with Samsung tv

Sorry, I'm done, I hope someone else can help.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@kudos 

Can you please summarize what you are trying to accomplish with your devices and remotes?

We will try to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kudos
Level 8

We want the voice control Roku Express remote we bought the other day to work with a non Roku TV, a Samsung. We already have a Roku remote that works with our other TV, a same-model (I think) Samsung, but we also have a Roku stick for that TV.
-Can we not "get on" Roku on the new TV with nothing but a Roku remote, given that the other TV is already Roku-sized via a Roku stick and Roku remote?
-If not, safe to assume we've got to buy a Roku stick or a Roku whatchamacallit for the currently Roku-less TV? If so I'll return the remote and buy a stick, which apparently always comes with a remote.
-Can I communicate with you by responding to the emails I get showing me new replies, or must I do it on the community cite?
0 Kudos
kudos
Level 8

Stumped ya, huh?Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
kudos
Level 8

Any answers? I've been calling the remote we can't get to pair w/ our 2nd TV an "Express" b/c the info that came w/ it says it is, but now I sense that the "Express" is the box u sell as an alternative to the stick, so I guess this remote only works w/ the Express box vs. a stick. True? Again, bottom line: Must we have a stick or express box for roku remote to work w/ non-Roku TV?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

For non-roku tv control you need a roku that be paired with wifi-direct remote. Which all current roku sticks come with. If you go with roku stick, get the stick + 3810 or 3811. The 3800 stick seems to give people trouble. The first generation of express 3700 can't use wfi remote, and later expresses didn't come with it but could be paired with one.

I would go with either 2019 express + exclusive to walmart or premiere + which was exclusive to walmart too, but can now be bought on line from other places. These two both come with wifi remote with tv controls. And they can be control via regular roku IR remote like maybe the one already have.

As for answering the responses via email, NO. Your proof, do you see any of your email responses here? No.

0 Kudos
kudos
Level 8

Thx, Tivoburkee. Before reading your reply I came to the conclusion that I should return the Express Voice Control remote I bought w/o a player or stick and do the 39.99 Express+ deal w/ player from Walmart. Plan to pick it up today.

Tivoburkee
Level 14

Sounds good. Smiley Happy Kudo's for Kudos.

0 Kudos
kudos
Level 8

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos