Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kudos
Level 8

Re: New Roku Voice Remote will NOT pair with Samsung tv

How do I pair it with roku device via Wifi (other than with stick?)?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

And the model name and number of this other non-stick roku? If you believe its the Samsung tv, Samsung NEVER made a roku tv or other wise. If you truly have a second roku to find the  info go in to settings> system> about> model name and number?

0 Kudos
kudos
Level 8

Maybe u didn't see my following 2 replies to your last post. I replied via email to the email version of your post:

-I don't see a model number on it or on the info that came with it. As far as a name, the box just says it is a Roku Voice Remote. There's a SKU number on a sticker on the box. Please help.

-In the battery case it does have a LED status light and a pairing button.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

You bought a roku remote separately, fine. But it is completely useless without a roku to program it to, you CAN NOT program it to Samsung tv. It can work with Roku consoles, Roku sticks, and true Roku tvs that have the Roku UI built-in. Which Samsung NEVER had, sorry.

0 Kudos
kudos
Level 8

Thx, Tibovurkee. Roku consoles and sticks come with remotes, correct?
0 Kudos
kudos
Level 8

Can I simply respond to the emailed versions of your replies, or do I have to be logged into community and respond there?
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

Yes, they do. Some times the remote included is IR, meaning you need line of sight to roku. The separately sold roku remote is wifi, some roku even though they come with a IR remote can be paired to a wifi remote, which is only type of roku remote with tv controls. The separately sold remote is an upgrade.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

You have post here for others to see your responses.

0 Kudos
kudos
Level 8

Is that a yes or a no as to whether I *have* to post here?
0 Kudos
kudos
Level 8

"...some roku even though they come with a IR remote can be paired to a wifi remote, which is only type of roku remote with tv controls." I don't understand that.
"The separately sold remote is an upgrade." An upgrade in what sense? Am I paying a Roku monthly fee that would increase?
0 Kudos