Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phillyisku
Level 7

New Roku Voice Remote will NOT pair with Samsung tv

I replaced my old roku remote with a roku voice activated "point anywhere" remote, but it won't pair with my Samsung TV.  Both my tv and my roku box are only 2 years old.

When attempting to pair the new remote I install the two batteries, and the green light begins to flash before I press "pair button".  The display screen for "pairing" never pops up on my tv and it never pairs.  

Please help!

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 13

Re: New Roku Voice Remote will NOT pair with Samsung tv

Pairing is strictly to get roku to communicate with wifi remote. Once the remote controls the roku and if the remote has tv controls, then you can program for your tv.

What model of roku do you have? settings> system> about> name and model number please.

0 Kudos
kudos
Level 7

I'm having SAME prob. Very frustrating. I've got Roku Model #3900X - Roku Express.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 13

Did you buy a new remote for the express? Because the original remote does not have tv controls. In addition tv power and volume keys it would need a pairing button in the battery compartment.

0 Kudos
kudos
Level 7

Bought it last night; have had the express for mos. on our only other tv. Can we not access roku on a 2nd TV, which is also a smart samsung -- I think the same model? The 2nd TV shows "roku channel" as one of the "sources."

0 Kudos
kudos
Level 7

"The 2nd TV shows 'roku channel' as one of the 'sources'" -- using the *Samsung* remote. As noted, haven't been able to get the newly purchased Roku voice remote to work.

0 Kudos
kudos
Level 7

I don't need a roku stick for this 2nd TV, do I?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 13

Sorry but you've lost me, now you want to know if you can use Samsung tv without a roku? On a roku website?

0 Kudos
kudos
Level 7

A) We have 2 samsung TVs that I think are the same model (the one I provided)

B) ~yr. ago we bought a roku remote & a roku stick for 1 of the TVs; roku works fine on that TV

C) Now we've bought a roku remote, but not a stick, for teh 2nd TV, but we can't get it to work (i.e., we can't get tehg TV to recognize it).

Please help.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 13

For a roku remote to control a tv by IR, it first needs to be paired with roku device via Wifi, then once its paired to the roku, you might be able to program it for your tv. You can not just program a roku remote to a tv, with only a roku remote and a tv, just won't work. sorry.

0 Kudos