Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New Roku Ultra remote won’t control Sharp TV volume or power

I had a regular Roku that was working fine on my Sharp TV.  We wanted to upgrade especially for the remote finder capability of the New Roku Ultra because we lose the remote all of the time.   Now the brand new remote controls the Roku but not the volume or power.   I’ve gone through the settings tab but it always ends up telling me that the remote may not work with the tv.  Is that true or is there a workaround?  I’ll return it if I can’t get it to control the tv. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Roku Ultra remote won’t control Sharp TV volume or power

@Adam4444125 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend taking a looking at the steps provided by our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

Re: New Roku Ultra remote won’t control Sharp TV volume or power

@Adam4444125  

I am also running into the same issue. I had the older version of the Roku ultra and the remote paired with my Sharp TV - I was able to control the volume and power with the remote. I just got a new Roku ultra this week and now I can no longer pair the remote with my Sharp TV to control the volume or the power. Were you able to find a resolution to this issue?

Thanks!

0 Kudos