Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Schulzea83

New Roku App SUCKS

The new Roku App for IPhone is so stupid. You can not click up or down with out it picking the wrong channel or show. It’s a constant back button I have to select which can take so much time to get to HOME Screen. Put the remote back how it was for the App. It makes me want to through my phone and smash the TV every day especially after working all day

6 REPLIES 6
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: New Roku App SUCKS

1) Try rolling the Roku app version back.

2) Report app issues directly to Roku:  chat or email - https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options   (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

0 Kudos
dathead2
Roku Guru

I am not having this issue but would like to know how do you roll the ios app back?!

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@dathead2 wrote:

I am not having this issue but would like to know how do you roll the ios app back?!

Internet search is your friend:

https://www.bing.com/search?form=MOZSBR&pc=MOZI&q=roll+back+an+iOS+app

0 Kudos
dathead2
Roku Guru

Apparently a lot of folks are having this problem because the apple app store is full of negative comments about latest release over the last two weeks.  

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@dathead2 wrote:

Apparently a lot of folks are having this problem because the apple app store is full of negative comments about latest release over the last two weeks.  

Whenever the Roku app is updated (Android or iOS), the support forums start filling with posts about changes made and functionality broken/lost, so its no surprise there is lots of negative reaction elsewhere, and inquiries about rolling back.

Roku generally seems unconcerned with negative feedback with the app, and is slow to fix it, so rolling back is definitely the better option.

0 Kudos
Ogpunk

Re: New Roku App SUCKS, yes it foes

Yes I couldn’t agree more, I don’t understand how it made it past quality control. They took something that worked well and made it a pain in the **bleep** to use. It is not stable at all, is harder to manipulate the app And it’s just a huge step backwards

0 Kudos