Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

New Premier remote not working

I just got my Roku Premier and I followed set up instructions and I got to where I had to pick a language and the remote will not work, I have tried everything I have found on the support page and non of that has worked I even tried brand new batteries in the remote and that isn't working. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do? I really don't want to have to return it and get a different one.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: New Premier remote not working

Do you have a line of sight from the remote to the roku? The premiere comes with an IR remote, the signal doesn't go through walls like a wifi roku remote would. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes I do

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Check the remote with cellphone camera, see if its emitting IR signals. Point the remote at the cellphone, if you see flashes in the phone's screen its working, no flashes the remote is bad. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

When I do that should I have it pointing at the  streaming device with front facing camera?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

We're testing the remote, so aim the remote at cellphone camera lens, as you look through cell phone as if you were taking a photo of the remote. Don't press anything on the phone just watch as you press a key on the roku remote, if its working you will see flash light on the front of the roku remote. Its invisible to the human eye without the use of the cellphone. No flash as you press a key means the remote isn't working or the batteries are completely dead. 

Edmund
0 Kudos