Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PSULion
Reel Rookie

New Batteries but battery indicator continues to flash 100% every 20-30 seconds

Jump to solution

We recently replaced the batteries in our Roku Ultra LT remote.  Now, every 25 second or so we see a message in the upper right corner showing "Battery" with full green bars on it (100%).

We've attempted different batteries, rebooting the device, checking for stuck buttons, unplugging and plugging the box back in.   I can't find anything in the community about this issue. 

Any ideas?   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PSULion
Reel Rookie

Re: New Batteries but battery indicator continues to flash 100% every 20-30 seconds

Jump to solution

Apologies Danny - I somehow missed your reply.

I ended up working with support over the course of a few days and they determined that my remote was bad.  They send a new remote that resolved the issue.

I don't know if Roku has issues with remotes or not but we have five devices in our family and 2 of them have had remote issues requiring replacement.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: New Batteries but battery indicator continues to flash 100% every 20-30 seconds

Jump to solution

@PSULion

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PM101

Jump to solution

Post solution please 

0 Kudos
PSULion
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Apologies Danny - I somehow missed your reply.

I ended up working with support over the course of a few days and they determined that my remote was bad.  They send a new remote that resolved the issue.

I don't know if Roku has issues with remotes or not but we have five devices in our family and 2 of them have had remote issues requiring replacement.

0 Kudos