Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsd2424bsd

Need to sort a box of Roku sticks & remotes to work together -help !!

Need some assistance in sorting....
Have a box of Roku remotes and Roku device/sticks - How do I know which remote works with whichever device? There has to be an easy way to sort the box of devices and remotes that will work together.  

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need to sort a box of Roku sticks & remotes to work together -help !!

I started to write it's pretty easy, but it depends on what Roku model numbers you have.  If the remote doesn't have a button on the back or inside the battery compartment then it will work with any Roku that isn't a stick and a stick is a device that plugs directly into an HDMI port without the need for an HDMI cable.  I'm ignoring RokuTV remotes since you didn't mention RokuTVs.

It gets more complicated with the RF remotes.  They all have a pairing button on the back or inside the battery compartment, but some will only work with certain models of Roku devices.  You could post the list of Roku model numbers and the list of remote model numbers (inside the battery compartment) and I'm sure someone (@Tivoburkee for example Smiley Happy) could tell you what works with what.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos