Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masanseti

Need help to program new remote

I have this Philips Roku Tv and the old remote broken so I ordered new one and I don’t know how to get the remote connect to the tv.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Need help to program new remote

Hi @masanseti,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If you have a voice remote and need help setting it up, refer to the articles below:

We would recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information What type of remote does my Roku® device use? | Official Roku Support

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Need help to program new remote

@masanseti-

This all depends on what remote you purchased.

ROKU VOICE REMOTE - If you bought a Voice remote model, this connects to your Roku via wifi.  In order to establish the wifi connection it must be paired to the tv it will be used on.  See @RokuMary-F's post, above, for help on getting it linked.

ROKU TV REMOTE - The remotes supplied by the manufacturers of Roku tvs all connect via infrared (IR).  Roku tv remotes from any manufacturer other than Sharp and HiSense can be used with your Philips set.  You can also use some universal remotes if they support codes for Roku tvs (separate Roku devices use a different set of IR codes from Roku tvs).  IR remotes do not require linking to the tv, they should just work.

ROKU DEVICE REMOTES - Remotes for separate Roku devices that must be connected to a tv cannot control any brand of Roku TV because Roku devices and Roku TVs use different sets of IR control codes

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos