Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Need help accessing Roku 4200

Jump to solution

I thought that it was issue with my Roku 4200X.  I did a reset on the hub, put batteries in my remote, and nothing.  I double checked and found that the battery corroded in the remote which answered the lack of response.  My roku hub is stuck in setup.  I downloaded your app on my tablet and tried to connect with no response.  What can I do to connect without the remote?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 7

Re: Need help accessing Roku 4200

Jump to solution

I went to the Dollar General and found the GE remote.  With a little tweaking, I was able to access and setup my Roku.  It is a lot easier than the original remote and works smoothly.  Hopefully it doesn't drain batteries like the original.  I cannot tell you how many batteries that I went through, and it is the first corrosive incident with any remote.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 20

Re: Need help accessing

Jump to solution

Sorry, nothing. You need a working remote, with Roku 3 accepting IR commands it doesn't have to be true roku remote and you probably find a remote at the dollar store or target. Make sure it lists Roku as a brand. Do you have cable remote? It just might have a working roku code? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ktdme 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need a replacement for your Roku 3 4200X device, you can find a replacement Voice Remote on our products page here: Player Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 21

Jump to solution

@ktdme wrote:

I thought that it was issue with my Roku 4200X.  I did a reset on the hub, put batteries in my remote, and nothing.  I double checked and found that the battery corroded in the remote which answered the lack of response.  My roku hub is stuck in setup.  I downloaded your app on my tablet and tried to connect with no response.  What can I do to connect without the remote?

If you can connect to your network with a wired connection, you might get the mobile app to work. Also, you could try an inexpensive generic IR remote, as long as it claims to have Roku code support. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I went to the Dollar General and found the GE remote.  With a little tweaking, I was able to access and setup my Roku.  It is a lot easier than the original remote and works smoothly.  Hopefully it doesn't drain batteries like the original.  I cannot tell you how many batteries that I went through, and it is the first corrosive incident with any remote.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 21

Jump to solution

@ktdme wrote:

IR remote batteries last forever. They only actually power when a button is pressed, so I wouldn't be surprised if they lasted you a year. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos