Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haleighbrooke
Level 7

Need Help - Dog ate my TV remote

Ok so I bought a Roku tv and I didn't get the chance to set it up my dog ate the remote and needless to say I'm broke at the moment and still want to use my tv how can I set it up without having to go buy a whole new remote

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Ok kinda strange but need help

@Haleighbrooke 

Thanks for the inquiry.

It appears Roku remotes make tasty snacks for dogs as this isn't the first time we've heard of this! 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of TV manufacturer's contact information you can see out Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: Roku TV™ Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Ok kinda strange but need help

Roku TV's use a very old code set, so remotes as old as 20 years could have a working code for your tv, you have an old universal, cable remote, or possible a Directv remote laying around? Name the brand and model number I may be able to come up with a working code. As long as it's programmable for TV's, and has menu and cursor pad you can set up your tv.

Edmund
0 Kudos