Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haleighbrooke
Level 7

Need Help - Dog ate my TV remote

Ok so I bought a Roku tv and I didn't get the chance to set it up my dog ate the remote and needless to say I'm broke at the moment and still want to use my tv how can I set it up without having to go buy a whole new remote

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Ok kinda strange but need help

@Haleighbrooke 

Thanks for the inquiry.

It appears Roku remotes make tasty snacks for dogs as this isn't the first time we've heard of this! 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of TV manufacturer's contact information you can see out Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: Roku TV™ Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ok kinda strange but need help

Roku TV's use a very old code set, so remotes as old as 20 years could have a working code for your tv, you have an old universal, cable remote, or possible a Directv remote laying around? Name the brand and model number I may be able to come up with a working code. As long as it's programmable for TV's, and has menu and cursor pad you can set up your tv.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos