Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gatorbyter
Level 7

Need Enhanced Voice Remote Specifics Model Info

On the Roku website, they are selling an "Enhanced Voice Remote" (power up your TV, adjust the volume, mute, and control your streaming. Use Roku Voice to quickly search and more, enjoy private listening with connected headphones, and set personal shortcuts for one-touch control). Apparently, this version allows for two user-assigned buttons.

I seek the exact model number of this device which is typically found inside the battery compartment. As an example, I have an older version of this type of remote which has a model number of RC-AL4 (RCAL4) 3226000303. Can anyone help?

P.S. The reason for requesting this info is to purchase a 3rd-party silicone protector case and I am concerned that the footprint of the keys may have changed given the addition of the two new user-assigned buttons!

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Need Enhanced Voice Remote Specifics Model Info

Since they released this version of Enhanced voice remote, it has had the rc411, rc463, and rc496, only difference is the discrete channel it has preset. No matter what model number shows up in the menu, they have all been RC-AL9 in the battery compartment. 

I do not think the have one for this remote, the closest you can come to is this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-Case-Cover-for-Roku-Ultra-Roku-4-3-2-1-Remote-Shock-Proof-Anti-Sli...

And then you'll have to cut out a hole for the MUTE key. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Gatorbyter
Level 7

Re: Need Enhanced Voice Remote Specifics Model Info

@Tivoburkee

Would you speculate that the "RC-AL9" refers to the physical remote footprint/size and/or button locations and that the RC496/RC463/RC411 refers to a functionality/firmware version (button assignments)??

0 Kudos